For more information about this reading program, visit your local library!
While you're there, go on a journey of discovery! Visit fabulous destinations such as Hogwarts, Narnia, Oz, and Middle Earth!
Welcome to the Great Reading Adventure! Sign up and log your reading to enjoy adventures, take on challenges, earn badges, and attend events!
This summer's theme is Build a Better World. What does it take to "Build a Better World"? It depends on where we live and how we look at the world. Maybe it is as simple as learning how to have better manners, learn fire safety in the home and do some kitchen play. Building a Better World may be personal or global. Get started and earn points to be entered in for a drawing for prizes. Points for prizes will be due as follows: June 22, 200 points, July 13, 400 points, Aug. 3, 600 points, Aug. 21, 800 points.
- How long will this program run? May 29 - August 21, 2017
- Earn Badges by doing challenges you also earn points when you do a challenge.
- Attend Programs earn points with a secret code announced at the program.
- Do Adventures earn points and badges.
- Do a Challenge earn points and badges.
- Read books earn points for Children's program: 20 Min = 20 points
- Read books earn points for Tween's program: 20 min = 20 points
- Read books earn points for Teen program: 30 min = 20 points
- Read books earn points for Adult program: 60 min = 20 points
Reading for 20 minutes a day helps build a strong lifelong reading habit.
Reading is fundamental for developing literacy skills!